As Bridges moves towards its 40th year in Monmouth, it is launching a major fundraising appeal to enable it to stay at its Grade II*-listed home.
There was a tremendous fundraising initiative from the local community when Bridges restored and moved into Drybridge House in 2003. It is now hoped that the community will join forces once again to sustain its future and to prevent it being sold off or falling once again into a state of disrepair. The challenge, therefore, is to raise up to £100,000 to enable Bridges to set up a development fund to tackle some of the major work required in the building to bring it up to modern standards.
By the time Bridges reaches its 40th birthday in 2024, we aim to have:
• incorporated all our projects, which are currently dependent on short-term funding, into mainstream provision
• developed new social initiatives in response to the needs of the community e.g. expanding our befriending provision to those with dementia, supporting a social prescribing scheme across the county and developing our community car scheme
• achieved self-sufficiency by increasing the market for weddings, conferences, meetings and catering to provide a secure commercial income stream, as well as consolidating our retail shop operation
• negotiated a new lease with Monmouthshire County Council so that we can stay at Drybridge House for many years to come
• furthered the conservation of historic Drybridge House and its gardens for the benefit of the community
• brought the facilities of the building up to modern standards.
How can you help us?
As an individual
You will be helping to support our continued presence and the valuable community activities we undertake
You will be helping to shape the future of your local community
You will be kept fully informed of our activities and invited to supporters’ events
You will be helping to preserve an important part of Monmouth’s cultural and architectural heritage
Your contributions will be acknowledged in a wall of thanks at the Centre.
As a business
Bridges is an essential part of the community where your employees live and work. By supporting Bridges you will be helping to sustain a vital part of the local infrastructure
Bridges is a well-known and highly respected organisation in Monmouthshire. By associating your business with Bridges and our work you will demonstrate how much your organisation cares about the community that surrounds it
You will benefit from access to training, meeting and social facilities for your staff and business at specially reduced rates
Your staff will be offered the chance to take part in enjoyable and rewarding corporate volunteering days
Your contributions will be acknowledged in our publicity material and at Drybridge House.
Bridges is also planning a number of fundraising events in the near future, including a Danceathon in March and a Gala celebrity meal in April. If you wish to find out more about the work carried out by Bridges and feel you would like to support the fundraising efforts, contact us . Leaflets listing current services, activities and volunteer opportunities are available at the Bridges Centre reception, community shop in town and the bistro.